Seana Gavin is a London based Artist. She creates hand cut collages using older found imagery turning them into something new and unique.
• Sept 2017 Champignons Group show at Galerie PCP, Paris
• Jan 2017 Collage Workshop held collage workshop at The Hive Project space.
• 2016-17 The Hive Group show at Koppel Project. London
• 2015 Masks and Monsters, Art Barter piece was included in group show coinciding with Art Licks weekend.
• 2014 End Times Solo exhibition at Celestine Eleven in London.
• 2013 Grand Magasin Group show curated by Nat Breitenstein at French Riviera 1988 Gallery in London.
• 2012 Zerrissenheit Collaborative video work with Rhys Coren for group show at Rise Berlin
• 2012 Polemically Small: Art in London now group show at Orleans House Gallery London. Curated by Edward Lucie-smith and Zavier Ellis
• 2012 Portrait of a Generation at The Hole Gallery NYC. Group show curated by Kathy Grayson. Accompanied book to be published winter 2012.
• 2012 Collage Workshop in Trondheim Norway. Held workshop at ‘Rake” in Trondheim.
• 2012 The Other Art Fair. Had stand of work at London based Art Fair
• 2012 Shelf of Curiosities work hanging as part of rotating group show, Jacob’s Island gallery, London.
• 2011 Alternate Dimensions window installation and solo exhibition at the b store, Savile Row, London.
• 2011 Mindful Group show at The Old Vic tunnels, London.
• 2011 Heaven and Hell and Everywhere in Between Solo exhibition at 3939 gallery, London
• 2010 ‘Postermat’ Group show curated by Kathy Grayson at The Hole Gallery, NYC. Also exhibited as part of Dazed Live festival in April 2011.
Commissions and Collections
• Work in the permanent collections of The Electric, Soho House, Dean Street Townhouse, High Road House in London, and Soho Beach House in Miami. As well as Chicago Soho house.
• 2017 The Ned piece commissioned to hang in permanent collection amongst 93% of female artists who contributed.
• 2017 super/collider Collaboration with Science agency to create series of 3 print editions
• 2016 Kilometre Paris Series of works for clothing brand campaign.
• 2016 Pop Up magazine Visual commission used for Citibank Story ad in NY Pop Up event
• 2013 Alteria art and Art Barter Commissioned to create artwork for their ‘Time for outrage’ poster series
• 2012 Miharayasuhiro Clothing collaboration with Japanese designer Fall/Winter 2012
• 2011 Another magazine Object of Desire Commission to create a series of works inspired by Burberry for a special project for anothermag.com,
• 2016 Unilever Three month residency in London.
• 2016 House Notes, Soho House Magazine commission to create pull out poster for issue 1 of magazine.
• 2016 Light/Slant Trend Reports Multiple commissions to illustrate trend reports covering VR and AR, and The Art Of Humanising Robots.
• 2014 The Book of Hearts Artwork included in book published by Laurence King.
• 2013 Auditorium Magazine Work featured in Spring and Summer issues.
• 2012 Purple TV Online profile and exclusive video work ‘Harappa’ for Purple magazine’s online art space.
• 2010 Under/Current Magazine, 6 page illustration commission.
• 2010 Sang Bleu, included in curated feature ‘Nucleur Winter’.
• August 2017 Unpolished Magazine ,issue 03. Feature + interview
• 2017 Monocle Radio interviewed by Robert Bound for regular show' Something new and something old'. https://monocle.com/…/s…/culture-with-robert-bound/283/play/
• 2017- Anothmag.com + The Lost Explorer . Interviews and feature about my super/collider collaboration.
• 2016 Koppel Project Studio visit interview for online magazine.
• 2015 Juju magazine Interview in magazine about Artists that use Utopian language.
• 2015 Some Magazine Work featured in ‘Complicated’ issue 9.
• 2013 Sleek Magazine Included in Science fiction A-Z in Autumn Issue.
• 2013 Never Underdressed. Artist in residence for online magazine.
• 2011 super/collider.com Interview for online magazine.
• 2011 Dazed & Confused Korea ‘Instant Novel’ story written inspired by my artwork.
• 2011 Twin Magazine blog Feature and exhibition preview.
• 2011 i-donline.com Interview.
• 2011 and 2009 Dazed Digital Feature interviews for online magazine.
• 2010 Twin Magazine Feature in ‘Cosmic Art’ portfolio, issue 2.
Camberwell College of Art: BA(Hons) Visual Arts Drawing
Chelsea School of Art: Foundation in Art and Design