Seana Gavin is a London based Artist. She creates hand cut collages using older found imagery turning them into something new and unique.
“ Seana gavin. The cut and paste magician summoning a psychedelic universe with her collages” Wonderland Magazine
“Pass through Seana Gavin’s cut ‘ n’ paste portal into a New World”, The Lost Explorer
“Mesmerising Collages of life in Outer Space…” AnOther Magazine
“Seana Gavin's brightly spaced-out collages capture the acid-drenched mood of the zeitgeist. Evocative of everything from George Pal's 1960 vision of HG Wells's Time Machine to Ridley Scott's Blade Runner via Svankmeyer's Alice, Anger's Inauguration Of The Pleasure Dome, Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and a heavy dose of the 90s rave culture…” Dazed & Confused Magazine
“on distant moons and remote mountaintops, crystals slowly grow starwards, while lichens, mosses and funghi creep across the landscape. mushroom clouds bloom on the horizon, while planets and insects hover under orange skies. as strange figures dance on hilltops, expressways cut through canyons made of rock and cities ..this is the strange and wonderful world of collage artist Seana Gavin's mind and art” super/collider
•July 2019 Sweet Harmony : Rave Today. Group show Saatchi Gallery
• June- July 27 2019 ‘Spiral Baby’ Solo exhibition galeriepcp, Paris
• July 2018 French Riviera, group show at Henley Festival
• March 2018 One night stand. Group show at Frame, London
• Sept 2017 Champignons Group show at Galerie PCP, Paris
• Jan 2017 Collage Workshop held collage workshop at The Hive Project space.
• 2016-17 The Hive Group show at Koppel Project. London
• 2015 Masks and Monsters, Art Barter piece was included in group show coinciding with Art Licks weekend.
• 2014 End Times Solo exhibition at Celestine Eleven in London.
• 2013 Grand Magasin Group show curated by Nat Breitenstein at French Riviera 1988 Gallery in London.
• 2012 Zerrissenheit Collaborative video work with Rhys Coren for group show at Rise Berlin
• 2012 Polemically Small: Art in London now group show at Orleans House Gallery London. Curated by Edward Lucie-smith and Zavier Ellis
• 2012 Portrait of a Generation at The Hole Gallery NYC. Group show curated by Kathy Grayson. Accompanied book to be published winter 2012.
• 2012 Collage Workshop in Trondheim Norway. Held workshop at ‘Rake” in Trondheim.
• 2012 The Other Art Fair. Had stand of work at London based Art Fair
• 2012 Shelf of Curiosities work hanging as part of rotating group show, Jacob’s Island gallery, London.
• 2011 Alternate Dimensions window installation and solo exhibition at the b store, Savile Row, London.
• 2011 Mindful Group show at The Old Vic tunnels, London.
• 2011 Heaven and Hell and Everywhere in Between Solo exhibition at 3939 gallery, London
• 2010 ‘Postermat’ Group show curated by Kathy Grayson at The Hole Gallery, NYC. Also exhibited as part of Dazed Live festival in April 2011.
Commissions and Collections
• Work in the permanent collections of Soho House across London, and Soho Beach House in Miami. As well as Chicago Soho house.
• March 2018 A/D/O Commissioned Animation film ‘ Ever Green Metropolis’ and Artist Print edition for Art & Design centre in Brooklyn, NY
• Jan 2018 La Prairie/ Paridust. 3 artworks. Artist collaboration to promote new product
•October 2017 Twin magazine, issue 17. Commission to create 3 gifs on Instagram
• 2017 The Ned piece commissioned to hang in permanent collection amongst 93% of female artists who contributed.
• 2017 super/collider Collaboration with Science agency to create series of 3 print editions
• 2016 Light/Slant Trend Reports Multiple commissions to illustrate trend reports covering VR and AR, and The Art Of Humanising Robots.
• 2016 Kilometre Paris Series of works for clothing brand campaign.
• 2016 Pop Up magazine Visual commission used for Citibank Story ad in NY Pop Up event
• 2013 Alteria art and Art Barter Commissioned to create artwork for their ‘Time for outrage’ poster series
• 2012 Miharayasuhiro Clothing collaboration with Japanese designer Fall/Winter 2012
• 2011 Another magazine Object of Desire Commission to create a series of works inspired by Burberry for a special project for anothermag.com,
• March 2017 Monocle Live radio. Interviewed by Robert Bound for his regular show ‘something new and something old’
• 2016 Unilever Three month residency in London.
• June 2019 ‘Spiral Baby’ number 24 in series of publications by P.A.M
•March 2018. 100 Days, 100 Woman Artist’, featured as number 95 on the list
•Sept 2018 Utopia 3, ‘Energy is Fluid’. Work featured in Art publication by P.A.M• March
• Nov 2017 Watch this space. Work featured in book published by Tender books
• August 2017 Unpolished Magazine ,issue 03. Feature + interview
• March 2017 Interview and feature on my super/collider print collaboration appeared on anothermag.com. As well as covered by Twin blog and The Lost explorer
• 2016 House Notes, Soho House Magazine commission to create pull out poster for issue 1 of magazine.
• 2014 The Book of Hearts Artwork included in book published by Laurence King.
• 2013 Auditorium Magazine Work featured in Spring and Summer issues.
• 2012 Purple TV Online profile and exclusive video work ‘Harappa’ for Purple magazine’s online art space.
• 2010 Under/Current Magazine, 6 page illustration commission.
• 2010 Sang Bleu, included in curated feature ‘Nucleur Winter’.
• June 2019 . Spiral Baby solo show- press reviews included on The Face, 032c magazine, French Vanity Fair, Good Trouble Magazine, FAD magazine, Les inrockuptibles
• Summer 2019 Feature and interview Wonderland Magazine
• August 2017 Unpolished Magazine ,issue 03. Feature + interview
• 2017 Monocle Radio interviewed by Robert Bound for regular show' Something new and something old'. https://monocle.com/…/s…/culture-with-robert-bound/283/play/
• 2017- Anothmag.com + The Lost Explorer . Interviews and feature about my super/collider collaboration.
• 2016 Koppel Project Studio visit interview for online magazine.
• 2015 Juju magazine Interview in magazine about Artists that use Utopian language.
• 2015 Some Magazine Work featured in ‘Complicated’ issue 9.
• 2013 Sleek Magazine Included in Science fiction A-Z in Autumn Issue.
• 2013 Never Underdressed. Artist in residence for online magazine.
• 2011 super/collider.com Interview for online magazine.
• 2011 Dazed & Confused Korea ‘Instant Novel’ story written inspired by my artwork.
• 2011 Twin Magazine blog Feature and exhibition preview.
• 2011 i-donline.com Interview.
• 2011 and 2009 Dazed Digital Feature interviews for online magazine.
• 2010 Twin Magazine Feature in ‘Cosmic Art’ portfolio, issue 2.
Camberwell College of Art: BA(Hons) Visual Arts Drawing
Chelsea School of Art: Foundation in Art and Design